Saturday, July 17, 2010

We FINALLY made it!!!!!

We are in Guangzhou spending Friday night and will fly to Xian Saturday afternoon. The road to this point has been HARD!!! Our original flight out of DC was canceled. We had to go back home and leave again Thursday AM. We should have been in Xian Friday at 12:30pm. Instead, at 12:30pm we were still 2 1/2 hours from Shanghai. Once we made it to Shanghai we had a 6 hour layover. That turned into an 8 hour layover because the Guangzhou flight was delayed. We finally landed in Guangzhou at 1:20AM, Saturday morning. Which means we left home at 6am Thursday and got to the hotel at 1:20pm EDT Friday afternoon....yes, 31 hours, 2 canceled flights and 2 delayed flights later!!! I am praying that all our travel nightmares are over because we have surely had our share. Emily was a trooper through it all. I am so proud of her! She is sleeping and I need to be there with her so I will close. Hopefully tomorrow I can write more. Please keep praying. WE do have one more flight to get through. Avery is also spending her last day in Hanzhong so I know she is feeling sad. Please pray for her too. Goodnight from Guangzhou!
Shelley

1 comment:

  1. We are soooo excited. Glad to know that you both are okay. You, Emily and Avery are in our thoughts and prayers.

    Love,
    Michael, Jennifer, Emily, Shawn and Grace

    ReplyDelete