Today was our last full day here. It is finally time to head home and we are so ready. It was a good day here. We visited the Pet Market again today. Emily had to see those puppies one more time. I got some pictures of the streets so you can see what real life looks like here. I got one of the main city street and then another of the little side streets where all the markets are. I am sorry to say, I did not get a picture of the dried lizard on a stick. Seriously! Why didn't I take a picture of that? (I think it was because I could barely manage to look at it once.) So many interesting things to see at the herb market! Yes, that is where the lizards were and I don't want to know what you use them for! This afternoon we went to the US Consulate and took the oath. We have now completed all official steps for this adoption. Tomorrow we will receive Avery's visa and we can come home. When we land in LA on Friday night, Avery will instantly become a US citizen. I am certain she doesn't understand the significance of that, but I surely do. She has so many opportunities available to her in America that she did not have here. We are blessed to be a part of her story and we are thankful God has given us this privilege. Tonight after dinner, we went back to the pool with sweet Gracie! Her mama said she was throwing her bathing suit on when she found out we were going back to the pool tonight. So precious! And I think Emily and Avery had as much fun as she did. We are packing tonight so that tomorrow we can enjoy our last day here. We will check out at 2 pm, leave our bags in the coat closet at check-in, and then hang out until 5:30. At 5:30 we head to the airport. Our flight leaves Guangzhou at 9PM. We land in LA at 6:50PM on Friday night. We depart for VA at 9:05pm(PDT) and arrive home at 5AM Saturday morning. I probably won't post again from China. But I will definitely post from home sometime Saturday. Thank you all for your prayers and encouraging e-mails. We are excited about the next step in this journey as Avery joins our family
Saturday, July 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment