This afternoon we went to the pool again. I got in and swam with them today. Avery is going to learn to swim in no time. Today she walked all over the pool, not just around the edge where she could touch. She held on to my arms and lifted her feet behind her to practice kicking. She put her face under several times and once, she even lost her footing and slipped under water. But she didn't panic; she simply stood back up and wiped her face off. I keep telling her she is going to swim in no time...just wish she knew what I was saying! : ) We met a family at the pool today who is here adopting 2 boys who are deaf, one is 5 and one is 13. The girls had a great time in the pool with them. They are hoping we will see them again tomorrow. Sorry we have no pictures from the pool. Cameras are not allowed there but it is a very nice pool with a waterfall. Maybe I'll try to sneak one picture tomorrow so we'll have a record of it. Today was a good day. We all had fun; Avery was able to talk to Ann a lot and that was so nice. Everyone who talks to her says the same thing. She is a very nice girl who will do well in the US. We think so too. Tomorrow we have to hang around here until we hear from our guide. He will be going to the consulate to submit our paperwork. Once that is done we can go out. Who knows, maybe we will be able to find some family who wants to see the pet market. If so, we will walk back over there. If not, we'll go swimming again. It is beginning to be a little like the movie Groundhog Day. We get up, eat a lot of food at breakfast, and walk around the island, eat dinner at Lucy's, and come back to shower. As much as I enjoy Guangzhou, you can only do that so many days before it gets old. So we will be happy to see Friday come. Thanks for all your prayers. We know many of you are praying for us and we appreciate it.
In the White Swan lobby, looking at the fish

Girls posing with the fat lady outside Lucy's(this is the first time I have ever seen Avery wear her hair down!)
Emily in the pet market
More puppies in the pet market
Red couch photo
Sounds like you are having a good time and that Avery is doing well. I love reading your posts. I cannot wait to hear you are home because I know you want to be back with your family, so waiting with you and praying for you. Blessings, Shelly
ReplyDeleteBoth of your girls look happy and beautiful! And I'm with Emily about the pet market. That would be one of my favorite places, too!
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing the pictures.
Say hi to the girls from Caitlyn! She misses Em and can't wait to meet Avery. hugs,
ReplyDeleteRachel