We made it home! Our connection in LAX was VERY tight because our plane arrived from China an hour later than scheduled. That meant we ran through the entire immigration process. I hate that we didn't get a picture of Avery stepping onto American soil for the first time, but if we had done that, we wouldn't be home right now. So we ran!! Nice introduction to the US, huh?
But we made it on the flight and landed at Dulles at 4:44AM. And yes, I wanted to sing "God Bless America!" I do love my country and I am thankful to be home. Avery did well. She is playing with her sisters and cousin, Alexis. So far we have seen lots of smiles. That is a good sign! More later...pictures too! Thanks for all the prayers! We appreciate them more than I can say.
Saturday, July 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congratulations Avery! A US citizen:)
ReplyDeleteWelcome home Shelley and good job! You did it! You are a fantastic momma.
Hope all goes smooth, if you need to Skype Chloe for anything let me know. We gotta get together soon!
Vickie
Min sibs momma
America, America, God shed his grace on thee... and now a little Lee Greenwood...
ReplyDeleteWelcome Home!!!
Now we just have to get all of you over the jet lag. Get some rest and love on your family for us.
Love to all,
Jennifer
yea!!!!!!! so grateful for all the answered prayers from avery on..........God bless the mansfields --- all seven of you!
ReplyDeleteWelcome home! It gave me chills to think of all the emotions you all are having. I am happy for you and thankful that we were able to follow along thus far. Looking forward to many posts about Avery and your family. Prayers are always with you.
ReplyDeleteShelly
Welcome Home!
ReplyDeletePraise God!! We will be counting the weeks until we can meet the new and improved Mansfield family! If you need anything let me know. If Sarah and Em need a break and want to head out, let us know that too. :-) Free movies at Kingstowne on Tuesday and Wednesday at 10am.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Rachel
Praise the Lord you are all back home safely!!
ReplyDelete