


Today we went to church on the island....very cool! We heard the story of Esther and then a young man in the church gave his testimony. It was an amazing thing to sit and listen to them singing praise songs in Chinese. I'm not sure what Avery thought as she sat there and listened. She did listen to what they were saying. After church we met another family from VA and shopped. It was nice to sit and chat with another family over Starbucks. Dinner was at Lucy's again. We met a bunch of families from Rumor Queen. That was fun to meet the people who have been going through the adoption process at the same time as us. I think there were 8 families at dinner. One family had their 9 and 12 year old daughters with them so Emily really enjoyed that. She was needing another girl to talk to. That family is at the White Swan also so we hope to meet them at the pool this week. After dinner we took a family to the store that sells super cute shoes. While there Avery kept taking Emily's picture with her DS. Emily didn't want her to do that and asked her to stop but she didn't so I said, "No, Emily doesn't want you to do that." And waved my hand. I am certain she knew what I was saying. But then as soon as I took my hand away she snapped another picture. Hmm....guess she didn't know when a mama says no, she means no. So I took the DS, turned it off, and popped it in the backpack. It all happened so fast she just blinked and said, "Oh!" So she is feeling comfortable enough to try things so that is a good sign, I think. She isn't walking on egg shells with us and I am glad. But she also has to learn that if I say to stop doing something, she has to obey. About 2 hours later I gave the DS back to her and said, "Don't take Emily's picture" and pointed to Emily and shook my head no. She had a very serious look on her face and said No. So I know she understood what I was saying and there were no more problems with the DS. So that is one step in the right direction. I really do want her to act like a regular kid and that means she will do things like that. So even though I was surprised that she tested me that way, I am also glad we are at that point.
Tomorrow we have to go back to medical and have Avery's TB site re-checked. It looks fine....PTL! I don't think there will be any trouble with it. After that we are going to find a store to buy silk PJ's. Emily Sarah~the store we got them from last year is closed! So we are looking hard to find another store that sells them. We have found stores that sell more traditional PJ's but they aren't as soft and comfy so we are still looking. So that will be our goal for Monday. After that we hope to enjoy the pool. I will do better at taking pictures tomorrow. It is hard to take them of every event because Avery is at the age that she doesn't want pictures taken of everything she does. So we are finding a balance on that. But pool pics should be easy to get! Thanks for all the prayers! We are doing better in Guangzhou and we only have 5 more days until we come home! Yay!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment