Life is better now that we've been able to sleep in a bed and had the opportunity to skype with all the family. Emily and I were offered a late check-out here at the hotel...yes, i think I looked THAT bad when we got here at 2am last night! So we will go find something to eat in the hotel restaurant before heading over to the airport this afternoon. Our flight leaves around 4:45 and arrives in Xian at 7pm. We are only about 28 hours from meeting Avery now. Keep praying for her!
One neat story for you all....as we sat on the airplane in Chicago waiting for the maintenance issue to be resolved, I was checking my e-mail and received a note from our guide in Xian when we adopted Anna Grace. This came completely out of the blue as we have not received an e-mail from her since bringing Anna home 17 months ago. Seriously, what were the chances that she would write while I am sitting on a plane to fly back to China? I know God had a hand in that. I am looking forward to seeing another familiar face now in Xian. Pray for our time together; that we would be able to share with her about Who is most important to us. I am hoping we have that opportunity.
Thank you for all your prayers. They got us to this point so keep 'em coming! Hopefully I will be able to post a picture with the next post!
Saturday, July 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Glad you made it to Guangzhou, been praying for you these last couple of days and praying for Avery that He would prepare her heart for your first days together and life as part of your family. Have a great time in Xian!
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
gayly
Been praying every day! Thanks for the updates and we'll be anxious to hear more! Praying for Avery and for your meeting her!!!! Love to you and Emily! (and tell Emily thanks for hamster sitting!!!)
ReplyDeletePraying and praying some more. So glad Emily is doing well and has had no problems with her ear and that you FINALLY got some rest. Praying for Avery and that God is preparing her heart to meet you and become a part of your sweet family. Take good care.
ReplyDeleteLove you.