




Avery Xiaoli Mansfield is the newest member of our family. We signed the papers and stamped our thumbs on many sheets of paper today to make sure everyone knew we wanted her!! And after asking me a million and one questions about the adoption, the civil affairs officer ended with "When are you coming back to adopt another one?" I told him he would have to talk to Shawn about that! : ) After doing the paperwork we came back to drop stuff off and then walked to a mall to get a few things. I wish I could have a video of us crossing the street. Think "Frogger" SERIOUSLY! I am not lying when I say we walk into the street and get halfway across, then stop and wait for that half of the street to clear while cars are passing at our fronts and backs! And then sometimes you just walk across and count on them slowing down. I guess you are supposed to judge how fast they are going while they are down the street. If they are not driving really fast then you assume they will be happy to slow down even more for you and so you keep walking. It is like nothing I have ever done! Ever! And quite honestly, I won't miss that part of China! We bought books for Avery to read and can you believe, Emily found a couple in English that she wanted! Only Emily (and maybe her mama) would come to China and buy books! We also had lunch at a very exotic restaurant...we'll see if any of you can figure it out from the picture! Emily is not a big Chinese food fan so mealtimes have been a challenge. We went to the passport office to get Avery's passport picture taken. It was the same place we took Anna Grace and memories came flooding back as we walked into the building.
Today Avery seems to be struggling a bit more. I think it is hard for her because she understands so perfectly what is happening and how much she is giving up. Even though she has been told life will be GOOD, it still hurts to give up what is familiar. Please be praying for her. And pray for me to be able to comfort her. It is very hard to know what to do because she isn't a baby that I can hold and sing to. The language barrier makes it very hard also. So prayers would be appreciated.
I included a picture of the Xi'an sky so that we can remember that one day we did see blue (kinda) sky here. Most days are pretty gray. Tonight Emily wants to go swimming. Maybe we will; it will depend on how Xiaoli is feeling. We did buy swim caps today so they can get in the pool. Sure wish we had brought some from home since we have MANY sitting in a closet. I will be sure to get pictures of the girls in their very stylish caps if we swim!
Tomorrow is Starfish day! Can't wait to see those sweet babies again! Thanks for all your prayers. They are making a difference.
Today Avery seems to be struggling a bit more. I think it is hard for her because she understands so perfectly what is happening and how much she is giving up. Even though she has been told life will be GOOD, it still hurts to give up what is familiar. Please be praying for her. And pray for me to be able to comfort her. It is very hard to know what to do because she isn't a baby that I can hold and sing to. The language barrier makes it very hard also. So prayers would be appreciated.
I included a picture of the Xi'an sky so that we can remember that one day we did see blue (kinda) sky here. Most days are pretty gray. Tonight Emily wants to go swimming. Maybe we will; it will depend on how Xiaoli is feeling. We did buy swim caps today so they can get in the pool. Sure wish we had brought some from home since we have MANY sitting in a closet. I will be sure to get pictures of the girls in their very stylish caps if we swim!
Tomorrow is Starfish day! Can't wait to see those sweet babies again! Thanks for all your prayers. They are making a difference.
Feel free to Skype us to help out with any language issue:)
ReplyDeleteAvery will realize how much you love her, it's just very scary for her right now:(
HUGS!
Vickie
Min Sibs Mom
How exotic :) Cogratulations on being "official"... and for crossing the street safely!
ReplyDeleteWoo Hoo!! Hang in there, she will feel more comfortabel as the days go on...
ReplyDeleteI love the exotic place to eat... some of what they top their pizza with was a bit exotic for me:)
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
gayly
Congratulations! I just got caught up on all your travel news :) Can't believe we were in Guangzhou for a few hours at the same time... Thanks for sharing your journey with us, it means so much having just experienced it. Will be praying for you!
ReplyDelete